Kiwanis Club of Nepean
PO Box 5653
19 Colonnade Road
Nepean ON K2E 0B5
Club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kiwanis Club of Nepean subscribes to the objectives of Kiwanis International:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than the material values of life;
- To encourage the daily living of the "Golden Rule" in all human relationships;
- To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business and professional standards;
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship;
- To provide through Kiwanis Clubs a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities;
- To co-operate in creating and maintaining the sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and good will.
The Nepean Kiwanis Club (chartered as the City View Kiwanis Club in 1954) has been active in the community for over sixty years, providing support to groups and individuals in need. The club is part of the worldwide Kiwanis service organization with a strong focus on youth. Our support for youth ranges from bursary sponsorship and participation in the annual Kiwanis Music Festival and the sponsorship of the annual Highlights Concert, the provision of scholarships and bursaries to local area high schools, colleges and universities and the sponsorship of the 872 Kiwanis Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron. The club also financially supports youth sports programs in the community. Nepean Kiwanis has adopted Woodroffe Avenue from West Hunt Club Road to Fallowfield Road as part of the Cleaning Up the Capital program and our efforts have resulted in a cleaner and more pleasant environment for commuters, cyclists, joggers and walkers. In September 2016, we hosted Joe Roberts and his Push for Change initiative with a major youth rally and BBQ in support of ending youth homelessness in Canada.
The Nepean Kiwanis Club also focuses on the needs of the less fortunate in our community. We are a major financial contributor to the Christmas Hamper Program at a local area church and assist with the delivery of the hampers. Our club members provide and serve Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners to the residents of Foster Farm and provide financial support to the Caldwell Family Centre. The club works closely with Staples Business Depot on Merivale Road and Nepean Rideau Osgoode Community Resource Centre each year to collect school supplies as part of the Tools4School program to equip underprivileged children for their educational experience. We actively participate in the fundraising efforts of the Caring and Sharing Exchange's "Running on Empties", the Salvation Army's "Christmas Kettle Campaign" and the Canadian Cancer Society's "Daffodil Days".
For additional information concerning the Kiwanis Club of Nepean and membership opportunities, email to the address shown above or call Gord Clark at (613) 797-4159. We look forward to meeting you!